Contrary to popular belief, having a Mother-in-Law visit for a month has its advantages. Especially when said Mother-in-Law, buys groceries, babysits, and does housework, even to the extent of posting a sign in the kitchen forbidding "unauthorized persons" (my husband and I) from doing dishes.
The other day, my husband and I decided to avail ourselves of the free babysitting and attend the temple. Our daughter Audrey loves the temple. Anytime she catches a glimpse of its spires as we go to Trader Joe's or drive past it on the 5, she sings "I Love to see the Temple."She knows all the words, and it's so fun to hear her sing lyrics that she doesn't yet understand, but can somehow still pronounce (Like"sacred duty").
Though Audrey definitely has positive feelings towards temples, she's not really sure what their purpose are. She knows people get married in them, although she seems to see this as a dynamic and repetitive process, as evidenced by her admonition to me to NOT get married when I go to the temple.
She also sees the temple grounds as a toddler's paradise, with vast expanses of green grass and gently rolling hills where she can run to her heart's content.
Apparantly she's been mulling over and attempting to synthesize this information. When Graton and I went to the temple recently, she said to my Mother-in-Law, "When I grow up, I'm going to go to the temple, and get married, and I will run and run and run !"
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This is great, Val. I think it will be fun for Audrey to read about all these things when she's old enough. If you email me your access info, I can post a photo of her on the blog and whatever links you want.
I'm looking forward to more posts!
Im definately going to be reading this blog like jers.
You have such a cute daughter!
Post a Comment