Friday, October 17, 2008

My "Wissa"

Last week, our wonderful cousins, the Connellys came to town!! Cousin Derek was happy to be reunited with his "Wissa!" They bonded this summer in Utah, where Derek served as her Defender and Protector against Querulous Children in nursery.

We met up at Sea World, and then headed to El Torito for "Kids Eat Free Wednesdays!"

Sombrero-clad Audrey and Derek.



We really enjoyed spending time with Graton's sister, Channa, and her family. We were also excited to be reunited with Graton's cousin, David and co. The kids loved the food, the parents loved that it was free!! The only drama was the fight over the green balloons at the end. Luckily, Audrey's wonderful cousin, Mackenzie saved the day, by very sweetly giving her green balloon to Audrey. Thanks Kenzie!!



The next day, Channa and I had a lovely visit while the rest of the crew were sight seeing. Derek played with his Wissa and demonstrated his awesome alphabet skills.

Thanks for visiting us cousins! Hope to see you again soon!!

3 comments:

novidiac said...

I'm so glad he got to see "Wissa" now maybe he'll believe that she is at her house and not still on the airplane!

I also may borrow his sombrero... I'm still thinking up a Halloween costume for Patrick... hmmm...

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

OOOOh green balloons. I want one.

ConnollyCrew said...

Going to "Wyssa"'s house was the highlight of Derek's trip - it eclipsed any excitement he displayed at Disneyland!

Note: I spelled Alyssa's nickname with a "Y" as that is how I've seen it in my head ever since I first heard Derek call her that - I hope you don't mind, it just feels right! And speaking of spelling...we are ConnOlly, not ConnElly (I thought you might want to know since we are related - LOL!!)