(Alyssa sporting Audrey's PJs)
Maybe it's because my first three sibling were brothers, or maybe it's because I wasn't as cool as Audrey, but I don't remember my siblings imitating everything I did. Alyssa, however, sees Audrey as the ultimate American Idol. She want to do everything she does; wear her clothes and shoes, imitate her actions, play with her toys, you name it!
Although Audrey is very patient with Alyssa and shares most of her toys, she has a few special stuffed animals and a blanket, that she keeps to herself. Never mind that Alyssa has an almost identical blanket and stuffed animal, if Audrey has something, it must be cooler. Currently she employs the" snatch and run" technique. She'll grab Audrey's kitty and make a beeline for the next room. The funny thing is all I have to do is say, "Alyssa give Audrey her kitty back," and she'll bring it back to her with an expression of innocence, ("Oh, was this yours, Audrey?") I guess she feels that 30 seconds with the coveted object is better than nothing.
Another thing that cracks me up, is how compliant she is for Audrey. I've been trying to consistently brush Alyssa's teeth for months, to no avail. Even if I succeed in pinning her down or giving her two other toothbrushes to distract her, she clamps her mouth closed, and fights me. I even asked her pediatrician for tips, and his advice was, "If it at first you don't succeed..." So I kept trying, but not very successfully.
One night, after Alyssa had snatched the toothbrush from me and ran away, I said, "Alyssa, go give your toothbrush to Audrey and lay down so she can brush your teeth."
This is what she did:

I watched in amazement as she handed her toothbrush to Audrey, lay down, and opened her mouth wide.
Audrey has since assumed toothbrushing duty.
I'm so glad my little monkey has such a sweet big sister, and good example to follow.


1 comment:
Aw! Audrey is so good at being big sis! Reminds me of someone! ;)
Post a Comment