
One afternoon, the girls and I visited the book sale room in our local library.
The kind volunteer, entertained the girls, while I browsed. All the while, Alyssa kept up a lively, though unintelligible chatter. At one point, the volunteer looked at Audrey and asked, "What language does your sister speak?"
I've decided, therefore, to enlighten the world, by providing an English-Alyssa dictionary.
I take full credit for the depth and breadth of Alyssa's vocabulary. Having spent 7 years of higher education, learning how to stimulate language development in children, I should have a couple of baby Einsteins. However, there is something about my babies' chubby cheeks, that causes all of the knowledge I have gleaned, to promptly fly out the window. I find myself speaking to Alyssa in the most mundane, uninspired baby talk, ("Lizzy Lou such a cutey girl" ). My conversational style does inspires guilt, but not enough to make me repent of my ways, and live up to my ideals.
The following constitutes Alyssa's grasp of the English language, to date:
Buppy: puppy, kitty, bunny, or any other cute animal.
Wubby: Of or pertaining to toes, feet and shoes. Ex. (Bringing me my shoes, "Wubbies!")
Teese: Cheese slices or cottage cheese
Mommy/Daddy: Mommy, Daddy, or another big person whom I like and who takes care of me
Pida: Pizza
Wiiii: Sound made to convey revelling in perpetual motion, usually heard while swinging or rocking. Not to be confused with a popular gaming device.
Peese, Daddy: I want that, please
No: yes
No, no,no, no,no,no: no
Apple: apple
Apple, apple, apple: applesauce
Nana: Banana
Oh-oh: I often am hesitant to find out what this means.
Ouchie: I hurt myself
Poopoo; I'm not wearing a diaper, I went potty in the toilet, I have a poopy diaper, etc..
Aud-ee! See previous post
We may not always understand Alyssa's words, but we sure understand the loves, hugs, and kisses she gives us!
"Wizzy Wou! We Wuve You!"

2 comments:
I'm so sad you guys are leaving! I'm totally in love with Alyssa :)
Those ARE some chubby chub cheeks! Oosh!
Post a Comment