The first tag, was from Janet Shumway, looks like back in September. Here goes:
8 TV Shows I love to Watch
(Disclaimer: We only get two channels, and those come in pretty fuzzy, so I don't watch T.V. regularly. )
1)Super Nanny: This one I'd probably watch regularly, if it was on earlier. It has some good ideas
2) Extreme Home Makeover: I watched this once at Nova's, and loved it!
3)John and Kate + 8: Saw this on the airplane, lots of fun!
4) Oprah: Once and a while, I check this one out.
5) George and Gracie Burns Show: I like to get old episodes from the library
6) I Love Lucy: Wish this was still on the air
7) Twilight Zone: I used to watch the marathons every Thanksgiving, growing up.
8) The Rose Parade (I know, I'm really groping here).
8 Favorite Restraunts
1) Sammy's Woodfired Pizza: Pear and Argula is my favorite
2) Souplantation
3)Croutons
4) Fuddruckers
5) Einstein'sBagels
6) Regent's Pizza
7) Chipoltle
8) Baja Fresh
8 Things that happened Yesterday
1) Had a great time doing water aerobics (Turns out I do have abs under all that baby fat. Who knew?!)
2) Ate leftover shrimp stirfry for dinner
3) Read "James and the Giant Peach" to Audrey
4) Had a quiet afternoon, while Audrey played with Chloe
5) Stayed up too late surfing the internet and watching dumb T.V. shows as hubby is out of town
6) Read "Nicholas Nickleby" till I fell asleep
7) Checked out books and movies at the library
8) Cuddled and kissed my girls
8 Things I am Looking Forward To
1) Hubby coming back from San Francisco
2) Hubby graduating and getting a job
3) Paying off loans and saving for a down payment
4) Closer friendships with my girls as they grow up
5) Better health and stamina
6) Planting a new crop in my garden
7) Trying my new soup that's simmering in the crockpot
8)Visiting with with Emily Dastrup later today
8 Things on my Wish List
1) Health sufficient to have more children
2) Better discipline and organization
3) More family harmony and structure
4) Losing 20 pounds and sculpting the rest
5) Increased spirituality and closeness to my Father in Heaven
6) More charity, patience and wisdom
7) More gratitude and contentment
8) Continued friendships with all of you!
8 People I'm Tagging
1)Melissa
2) Jenn
3)Emily W
4)Emily M
5) Anne
6) Aunt Joyce
7) Vanessa
8) Jason Z
(Disclaimer: We only get two channels, and those come in pretty fuzzy, so I don't watch T.V. regularly. )
1)Super Nanny: This one I'd probably watch regularly, if it was on earlier. It has some good ideas
2) Extreme Home Makeover: I watched this once at Nova's, and loved it!
3)John and Kate + 8: Saw this on the airplane, lots of fun!
4) Oprah: Once and a while, I check this one out.
5) George and Gracie Burns Show: I like to get old episodes from the library
6) I Love Lucy: Wish this was still on the air
7) Twilight Zone: I used to watch the marathons every Thanksgiving, growing up.
8) The Rose Parade (I know, I'm really groping here).
8 Favorite Restraunts
1) Sammy's Woodfired Pizza: Pear and Argula is my favorite
2) Souplantation
3)Croutons
4) Fuddruckers
5) Einstein'sBagels
6) Regent's Pizza
7) Chipoltle
8) Baja Fresh
8 Things that happened Yesterday
1) Had a great time doing water aerobics (Turns out I do have abs under all that baby fat. Who knew?!)
2) Ate leftover shrimp stirfry for dinner
3) Read "James and the Giant Peach" to Audrey
4) Had a quiet afternoon, while Audrey played with Chloe
5) Stayed up too late surfing the internet and watching dumb T.V. shows as hubby is out of town
6) Read "Nicholas Nickleby" till I fell asleep
7) Checked out books and movies at the library
8) Cuddled and kissed my girls
8 Things I am Looking Forward To
1) Hubby coming back from San Francisco
2) Hubby graduating and getting a job
3) Paying off loans and saving for a down payment
4) Closer friendships with my girls as they grow up
5) Better health and stamina
6) Planting a new crop in my garden
7) Trying my new soup that's simmering in the crockpot
8)Visiting with with Emily Dastrup later today
8 Things on my Wish List
1) Health sufficient to have more children
2) Better discipline and organization
3) More family harmony and structure
4) Losing 20 pounds and sculpting the rest
5) Increased spirituality and closeness to my Father in Heaven
6) More charity, patience and wisdom
7) More gratitude and contentment
8) Continued friendships with all of you!
8 People I'm Tagging
1)Melissa
2) Jenn
3)Emily W
4)Emily M
5) Anne
6) Aunt Joyce
7) Vanessa
8) Jason Z
The Next Tag was from Kate, and it's a bit trickier. This time, the number is 6, but it's totally open what those 6 random things are. Let's see
1) I've been pulled over twice for drunk driving. Having never been drunk, or even had an alcoholic beverage, it was a bit surprising. Apparently, I have a tendency to weave when I drive, so if you see me on the road, watch out!!
2) Actually, I did have an alcoholic beverage once, sort of. When I was 17 I backpacked through Europe with a group of girl scouts. Seriously. I was a girl scout for 13 years, and sold a LOT of cookies, to earn money for this trip. We started in London, and visited Paris, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. In Berlin, the girls all wanted to have some beer, and the leaders said we could have some that was non-alcoholic. The waiter brought us our drinks. I took a sip, and despite the apple cidery flavor, wasn't not impressed. (I guess it's an acquired taste). Then he came back and confessed that the beverages he brought did have some alcohol, and switched us for the truly non-alcoholic beers. (Which didn't taste good either). Thus began and ended my career as a boozer.
3) Speaking of alcohol, when I was 16, I went on a date with a cute boy, whom I really liked to "Islands." To look cool, I ordered a virgin strawberry margherita. He then ordered a virgin Daquiri. When the drinks arrived, we couldn't tell which one was which. I offered to try a sip, of one, as I had previously had a virgin strawberry margherita, and would thus be able to recognize the taste. When that experiment proved unsucessful, I asked the waiter which was which. With a look of annoyance at dealing with silly teenagers, he said, "They're both same. The only difference is the alcohol!" Oops!
4) New Topic: Hmmm... I don't like insects. But I've tried to put on a brave face, so I don't pass the phobia on. So far it seems to have worked, because Audrey likes them, and has followed my example in rescuing and relocating, spiders who have wandered into our home. Yesterday, we were reading, "James and the Giant Peach," and Audrey wanted to know what a glow worm was. We found a video, about glow worms that almost made me puke. This variety lives in caves and makes a mucous "fishing line" and then eats their prey alive. Ick! Audrey thought it was great. I'm hoping she doesn't want to watch it again, 'cuz I'd probably have to excuse myself and vomit.
5) I'm an idealist and a perfectionist. Well, perhaps a recovering perfectionist. I'm not the kind, that actually does anything perfectly, or really well for that matter, it's more I stress about things and am constantly dissastisfied. My goal this year, is to focus on being grateful for my many blessings, and to lighten up, accept things and have fun.
6) My deepest sense of identity comes from being a daughter of God, and feeling a connection with a loving Father in Heaven, and my Savior, Jesus Christ. As Mormons, we are encouraged to marry within our faith. This was never difficult for me, because I wanted a partner who would truly understand me in a deep and insightful way, and this is impossible without understanding what I believe. I'm so grateful to have a husband who loves the Lord, and my most cherished goal in life, is to raise my girls to be loving, faithful, women of integrity, and to live forever in peace and joy with my loved ones, past, present, and future.
6 friends I'm tagging:
1) Nova
2) Shannon
3) Amy
4) Linn
5) Janet
6) Jen E
1) I've been pulled over twice for drunk driving. Having never been drunk, or even had an alcoholic beverage, it was a bit surprising. Apparently, I have a tendency to weave when I drive, so if you see me on the road, watch out!!
2) Actually, I did have an alcoholic beverage once, sort of. When I was 17 I backpacked through Europe with a group of girl scouts. Seriously. I was a girl scout for 13 years, and sold a LOT of cookies, to earn money for this trip. We started in London, and visited Paris, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. In Berlin, the girls all wanted to have some beer, and the leaders said we could have some that was non-alcoholic. The waiter brought us our drinks. I took a sip, and despite the apple cidery flavor, wasn't not impressed. (I guess it's an acquired taste). Then he came back and confessed that the beverages he brought did have some alcohol, and switched us for the truly non-alcoholic beers. (Which didn't taste good either). Thus began and ended my career as a boozer.
3) Speaking of alcohol, when I was 16, I went on a date with a cute boy, whom I really liked to "Islands." To look cool, I ordered a virgin strawberry margherita. He then ordered a virgin Daquiri. When the drinks arrived, we couldn't tell which one was which. I offered to try a sip, of one, as I had previously had a virgin strawberry margherita, and would thus be able to recognize the taste. When that experiment proved unsucessful, I asked the waiter which was which. With a look of annoyance at dealing with silly teenagers, he said, "They're both same. The only difference is the alcohol!" Oops!
4) New Topic: Hmmm... I don't like insects. But I've tried to put on a brave face, so I don't pass the phobia on. So far it seems to have worked, because Audrey likes them, and has followed my example in rescuing and relocating, spiders who have wandered into our home. Yesterday, we were reading, "James and the Giant Peach," and Audrey wanted to know what a glow worm was. We found a video, about glow worms that almost made me puke. This variety lives in caves and makes a mucous "fishing line" and then eats their prey alive. Ick! Audrey thought it was great. I'm hoping she doesn't want to watch it again, 'cuz I'd probably have to excuse myself and vomit.
5) I'm an idealist and a perfectionist. Well, perhaps a recovering perfectionist. I'm not the kind, that actually does anything perfectly, or really well for that matter, it's more I stress about things and am constantly dissastisfied. My goal this year, is to focus on being grateful for my many blessings, and to lighten up, accept things and have fun.
6) My deepest sense of identity comes from being a daughter of God, and feeling a connection with a loving Father in Heaven, and my Savior, Jesus Christ. As Mormons, we are encouraged to marry within our faith. This was never difficult for me, because I wanted a partner who would truly understand me in a deep and insightful way, and this is impossible without understanding what I believe. I'm so grateful to have a husband who loves the Lord, and my most cherished goal in life, is to raise my girls to be loving, faithful, women of integrity, and to live forever in peace and joy with my loved ones, past, present, and future.
6 friends I'm tagging:
1) Nova
2) Shannon
3) Amy
4) Linn
5) Janet
6) Jen E

5 comments:
I guess I know you pretty well. The only surprises where how high the Rose Parade and Fuddruckers were ranked.
Love you!
I'm so relieved to know that I can take 6 months or so to respond to this!!
Unless I cheat and make the 6 random things... (6 Things I recently learned about my sister in law!)
I love getting to know you better! Thanks for sharing!
we are the same person. it's crazy.
I somehow missed this post.. I can't believe you've been pulled over for drunk driving... twice!
and I love that Graton is actively involved in your blogging world. it's so romantic.
Post a Comment