We received the movie "Wall-E" for Christmas, and the girls have been big fans, ever since. They have been particularly taken with the music and scenes from "Hello, Dolly" that are in the movie.
Last week, we checked out the "Hello, Dolly" musical and soundtrack from the library, which has raised the enthusiasm to new heights.
Audrey did a floor show for us last week, complete with costumes and actions. She dressed Alyssa up as "Dolly" and she plays the part of the waiter in the title scene.

10 comments:
well hello dolly ! ! and alysa and audrey.. That was marvelous ! arn't videos wonderful !
this will be a treasured memory and clip
Thank you so so much for sharing with a grandma
Okay, this made me smile...and then laugh.
What a couple of adorable girls you have there.
We checked out Hello Dolly for the same reasons this week also... Duncan would love to come join their show!! All the kids favourite song is the 'good bye' song and Duncan's is 'it only takes a moment'... but he likes to be the drunk in the park and say... "excuse me, I got here late" then Miles and Sarah chime in with 'It only..."
When will you move closer... they totally need to collaborate and put on productions together!!
That video is priceless.
had to show the kids the video, sounds like the Carol Channing version... we watched the Barbara Steisand version... now I want to see the other!
I liked Alyssa's classic spreading of the arms at the end. She must already realize that most songs in musicals tend to end in this type of pose.
Nova,
Audrey love the "goodbye" song as well. We checked out the Barbara Streisand version of the movie, but the Carol Channing soundtrack. I don't know if there are other versions on film. I'd sure like to find a video of the Broadway play. One of my favorite songs is in the play and not the movie. And I bet Carol Channing made a more convincing "Dolly."
Are you sure she's not 16 and ready for Broadway?
I like how Alyssa is just roaming aimlessly looking at the floor the whole time until the end when she throws up her hands in a "ta da!" fashion.
We love these superstars!
-Marlene and Joyce
Post a Comment