
Last night, Audrey declared that she needed "Mommy Time." She brought me in her room, uninvited all other Gathrights, and closed the door. We played Dominoes and guessing games with her scale. We took a short walk to pick up our organic produce delivery, all the while, making up silly rhymes.
When bedtime preparations were done, we snuggled in bed, listening to a library audio book about the adventures of Homer Price, and brushed each others' hair. Audrey hugged me, and said, "I love you, Mommy! I love you so much! I love you more than anyone else in the whole world!"
"But I love Jesus more than you."
I wouldn't have it any other way.

8 comments:
You guys are the best. Love you.
Moments like those make it all worth it.
What a sweet little girl you have! Remember these moments even the times when she's not so good! =)
What a sweet story! Times like these are priceless!!! You have a beautiful family.
And they say that mother's don't get paid.
It was fun to see you at Disneyland. Hope you had fun. I can't believe how big your girls are getting!!
Hey Val,
We love you, too. Happy Birthday tomorrow!
So sweet. What a fantastic mommy you are. I just loved this post -- thank you!
Post a Comment