First, Graton surprised me with this wonderful gift.
I realized that I was getting puzzled expressions from my interlocuters as I bubbled over about my new hose. It took me a moment to realize that a Walmart hose is not considered a glamorous birthday gift.So, I will have to explain what the hose means. It means, I have a husband who has observed my frustration trying to water the garden, with a faulty system of hoses, that come apart at some junctures, and clamps up at others. It means, I have a husband who notices my hobbies and passions and supports them.
It means, I have a husband who, though busy with school, still built me a lovely garden, complete with vegetable boxes, trellises, and even a white picket fence. Perhaps I've watched far too much, "Little House on the Prarie," but it couldn't have been more romantic, if he had built me a log cabin with his own two hands.
See, I told you a brand new hose, was a glamorous birthday gift.
Of course the best part, was he watched the girls, so I could spend a few hours doing all of the things I'd been itching to do.
I weeded and cleaned up the flower beds,

Organized my tools, and cleared out debris,
I tended my plants,
And harvested beets and radishes.
Then we had a lovely dinner of curried chicken, from the Japanese restaurant across the street. And Graton made us a lovely birthday dessert.
My birthday really gave me a chance to count my blessings. Siblings who called, sent emails and cards. In-laws who honored me in their blog posts, parents who sang to me and showered me with love, and friends who spoiled me with well-wishes and thoughtful gifts.Thank you for your kindness.

6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Val! I love the "Little House" romantic in you. (I, too, find myself explaining why things like the can opener were such thoughtful gifts...) I love all your gardens -- what a beautiful talent you have there.
Happy Birthday! Sounds like a perfect day. And your garden is looking great!
...and she lived happily ever after.
I'm sorry I didn't realize it was your birthday. Happy belated Birthday. I'm glad you had a good day.
Loves,
Jamie
I love these posts, Val. And the pics. Glad the garden is doing well.
Wow. I'm impressed that you are so industrious on your "time off." Happy birthday.
Post a Comment