Friday, March 27, 2009

Pop Quiz

The Gathright Family will be relocating to which of the following fine cities?

A) Salt Lake City (Oh my heck!)



B) Washington D.C. (Hail to the Chief!)


C) Quebec City (Oui, Oui!)


D) Dallas (yee-haw!)

And the winner is.......



(Drum Roll Please)


B) WASHINGTON D.C!!!

All who guessed the correct answer win a pay-your-own expenses trip to visit the Gathrights in their new abode (even though we currently don't know where that is yet).

Seriously, we'll miss you and we'd love you to come visit. We hear all of the museums are free. How cool is that!

To those of our friends who have already made the transition to East Coasters, we look forward to seeing you again!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go brush up on my American History.


20 comments:

MarenG said...

congratulations! I love D.C. You'll get to see the Payne's. I'm sure you will love it.

BABSA Romney said...

Dang! I was hoping for Dallas when I saw that as an option:-) Really though, congratulations! What is taking you there?

Gina said...

Congratulations!! I hope you love it there.

Unknown said...

Congrats! So, will you tell us about Graton's job?!

Jenica said...

I'm happy for you guys! That should be an awesome experience!

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

oh come on we need details!!! I'm your own sister!!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! Although I am happy that you know where you are moving to I am super sad that you are leaving. I think Rachel is going to be especially sad because she will miss Graton's singing time in nursery.

Mollie said...

Yea! We can't wait to see you guys!

Courtenay said...

Congratulations Gathrights!!!! What a fun place to be moving to! Andrew travels quite a bit for work. Maybe he will visit you out there some day. Best wishes for a happy move!

Isa said...

Congrats you guys...I got teary eyed reading this. Way to go Graton! You'll never know how much we'll miss you.

Lani said...

Congratulations!!! Just last night Matt was telling me how much he would love to live in that area! There is SO much for your kids to be able to appreciate about our countries history, I don't know any of the nursery kids who won't miss Graton's singing time! But of coarse you all will be missed, hope you have fun!!!!

Anne said...

Hey, that's an option for us in the next year too. Maybe we will live near each other and beat fibromyalgia together. :)

Linn said...

Congratulations! I am SO happy it is at least East Coast. Jacob's brother works in DC, so we are going to try to get there this summer. We are so excited for you guys! And will be waiting for the post about Graton's job!

jowo said...

Woohoo and hooray! Congrats!

janet said...

WOWZAS! The Shumways are TOTALLY coming to visit (as soon as you find a place, of course.) What an adventure! Good luck with everything and CONGRATULATIONS!!

kim said...

Congratulations! We're hoping to make a trip up there sometime in the next year or two, so we'll have to stop by (and if you want a Southern experience, you're always welcome!)

Leslie said...

Congratulations Valerie! I'm excited for you guys and am sure it is nice to know where you'll be and to start making plans. Thanks so much for letting us all know :).

denebug said...

Congratulations! My sister lived in DC for years before settling in Reston, VA. We've loved visiting them. And the museums at the National Mall are great. And free!
-Rachel Whipple

TJ said...

are you moving to DC itself or VA or MD?? we loved visiting there when we lived in NC. i would go back if i could!

The Conductor said...

I am soooo late on reading this, but I have to tell you I am so excited for you and your family! If we make it to DC in the next few years (how long will you be there?) we will definitely have to meet up. Good luck with the transition!