Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sometime Last Fall or Winter....


Audrey gave this to me.




I've got quite a collection of love notes from her, but this one is one of my top favorites.

It says, "Dear Mom, This has been one of the best years of my life!"

I'm not sure where she picked up that phrase, but I love it.

I've been musing lately on what contribution I'm making to the world.

I'd really love to do something glamorous. Start a movement like the "Fly Lady" has done with home organization, or Leslie Sansone with exercise. I'd love to invent something, or write something, or discover something, or improve something, or do something that would be helpful to others on a large scale and give me a bit of earthly immortality.

I suppose this desire is a mixture of altruism and pride.

I'm hoping it's more altruism than pride.

In any case, that dream may ultimately go unrealized.

But, I am comforted to know that I'm creating something that, while far less glamorous, is no less important.

To create a home of security and love for two precious children.

To partner with God in loving and raising, in building, and serving.

Is,

Well,

All I can say is,

"My cup runneth over."



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gina said...

That is so beautiful, Valerie.

Anne said...

You, Valerie, are my hero. I love your attitude and gratitude.

Chaoyi said...

Beautiful~Perfect~ Thanks, we all needed that.

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

You're doing a great job! And you're so lucky! You're kids appreciate you now! Not just after they leave the house! A lot of parents must envy you right now! hehe