Making Candles
Carding Wool
Spinning Wool
The Woodcarver
Making Corn Husk Dolls
The Cabin where the volunteers "live" as interpreters. We stopped in as they were finishing their lunch, and were treated as neighboring visitors. Even after reading all of those "Little House on the Prarie Books" it was startling how small the cabin was. Just one room and a loft. I couldn't imagine being cooped up in there all winter. With no window glass! When I asked about why they didn't have any, the response was, "Heavens, that's far too expensive!!"
This was the shed where the "family" dries their tobacco crop. It's a working farm, and on the weekends you can help them with their farm chores. We'll have to take Graton and visit sometime this spring.


2 comments:
This looks like SO much fun. I enjoyed having many colonial things nearby when we were in Virginia. I'm glad you can be there and that your kids get to experience them!
Isn't homeschooling wonderful?
Rebecca =D
http://1001ThingsToBeHappyAbout.com
This is the type of thing that makes me miss homeschooling so much! And I love the abundant opportunities you have in your area--so much to explore and learn about.
Post a Comment