Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Olea Mae Babbel Woolf: May 28,1924-Sept. 5, 2012

With my mother and I in 1975


A gift from her seven children for her 50th wedding anniversary in 1997


With Audrey and Alyssa, two of her great-granddaughters in April 2009


This last picture totally encapsulates Grandma's personality.
One of her favorite things to do was take nature walks with her grandchildren.
 At the time of this photo she was suffering from dementia, and didn't know who I or my children were. But she delighted in being with them, and  showing them every twig, every rock.
 And although I worried over her frail condition and tried to steady her as she walked, she was completely insouciant of herself. Instead she was anxious over my comfort, assuming I needed a hand down the hills, or a sweater for the breeze.


Goodbye Grandma.  
I don't doubt but you are watching us from the other side, and are happy to be able to once again help care for your loved ones here on earth. 
Can't wait to see you again!

2 comments:

Linn said...

She looks like such a lovely lady! I'm sorry about your loss, yet so happy for her.

Graton said...

What a lovely tribute.