Friday, December 19, 2014

Goodbye DC

Inspired by "Goodnight Moon"

Goodbye Meadows
 

Goodbye Trees

 Goodbye Art Galleries



And Museums sans Fees


 Goodbye Temple



With Christmas Lights

 Goodbye Orchestra


And Office Sights


 Goodbye Sailing


 On Potomac Waters

 

 Goodbye Fencing Club
For Dad and Daughters



Goodbye Shenandoah



 the best teachers in town


Goodbye hot DC Summers


And pools to cool down


Goodbye Boston


And NYC


Goodbye ponies


and blossoms of DC



Au revoir to our friends who've become family
Please come visit us soon
in our new home by the sea


9 comments:

novidiac said...

Beautiful, bitter sweet farewells..

Valerie said...

So true. I'm going to run out of tears.

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

I have the most wonderful and clever sister!

Cheryl said...

Is this your Christmas card? So creative! Loved the rhyming, the Goodnight Moon takeoff, the wonderful pictures, etc. Fantastic in every way. -Mom

Linn said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loved it so much. It reminded me of when we left the East coast. Best wishes on the move and getting settled.

Gina said...

Really lovely. Moving is hard. Every place has so much and so many people to love. I've heard some good things about the Pacific northwest, though...

jowo said...

But hello West Coast
And family dear
Hello Hello
And Happy New Year!

Valerie said...

Mom, Yes this is our Christmas card for this year. Thanks, Linn and Gina. We hope we can see you now that we'll be closer! Joyce, love it! So glad I have Grandpa's 100th bday to look forward to in the craziness of the move!

janet said...

So beautiful. This needs to be made into a real book for you to read when you're homesick.