
Before I became a mother of two I never:
1) Considered an uninterrupted shower a minor miracle.
2) Looked forward to the peace and quiet of a dentist appointment.
3) Used such erudite expressions as "Too bad, so sad."
4) Dropped to all fours and crawled through a darkened room to avoid awakening a stirring baby.
5) Was able to do 5 different things at once.
6) Knew that two little girls could amass such a big fan club of grocery-store admirers.
7) Pondered how delightful it is to jump, skip, clap hands, and move to music.
8) Was grateful for two knees and two arms made just right for cuddling two precious daughters.
9) Knew how awed I'd feel in watching my girls delight in each other.
10) Knew my my heart could feel so full of gratitude and joy.


6 comments:
You are sure blessed!
So cute! It's amazing what these little ones do for us!
I laughed out loud on every one of those!! You are so clever.. and I think my favorite of all is #2.. who would have guessed a route canal could be so peaceful and relaxing??? (that is, only if your kids don't come along.)
I meant "root" canal, obviously.
I hate typos. too bad, so sad.
Hi Valerie! What a sweet post. I am already starting to appreciate these things. It has been so wonderful to just be at home and enjoy my sweet little girl. Thanks for sharing.
I feel the same way (this is christina from Graton's BYU ward, and your first married student ward)
Good to see you guys again
Post a Comment