
I figured the day would come when Audrey would want a pet.
Perhaps someone would give us a dog, or we'd pick a hamster out at a pet store. I didn't imagine, the pet would be a member of the "molluscan" famlily.
About a month ago, Audrey noticed a snail crawling across the living room floor. She asked if she could keep it, and the rest, as they say, is history.


7 comments:
What do you feed a snail?
My girls are obessed with snails too. Although I can't say I would be brave to let them keep one inside. We did have a few that stayed on the porch last year though.
Apparently they eat lettuce, or anything there is in the garden. We basically recreated our garden environment in a tiny little tupperware :)
I think I had a pet snail once. I fed it ivy from the front yard, since that's where I always found them.
Val, I guess you should really feel lucky, she could have wanted an alligator or piranha...
...of course, she probably wouldn't have found one of those on the living room floor.
What an awesome pet!
Please don't let her know that I'm fighting the battle of the snails here then!! They climb up the outside walls of our house! Some mornings I'm greeted at the kitchen window with many snail streaks and not just a few snails! Sarah has made a snail shell garden and it grows daily.
Post a Comment