Sunday, April 27, 2008

My White Knight

We got our quote back from the data recovery place. They wanted $1600 to fix our hard drive. We decided not to take them up on it. I kept feeling like things would work out somehow, and kept praying for a solution.

Graton thought he might be able to recover the data someday with the aid of his Dad's clean room in Northern CA.

Then one night I was showing Graton the pictures I had taken that day, and he said, "Why didn't I think of this sooner?!!" Apparently, although I had deleted my memory card, the pictures aren't really gone until new pictures are taken. He was able to recover most of the pictures of "Oak Haven" (my grandparent's cabin) that are so precious to me (and backed them up to about 5 different locations). We're still missing pictures from the last 6 months, as well as my address book that I had finally gotten organized. But, there is still the clean room possibility.

My white knight may not have extraordinary jousting skills, but for a modern-day damsel in distress, exceptional computer skills come in pretty handy.

3 comments:

Chris Wignall said...

He definitely has computer hacking skills - girls only want guys that have skills.

Anne said...

Hooray!

Teachinfourth said...

I'm glad that Sparky was able to work a bit of "technological magic" in your behalf. It really is a drag when you lose a lot of the physical representations of your memories. Luckily, your true "memory" hasn't been deleted!