Sunday, July 27, 2008

Oot n aboot

We recently spent a fun Saturday at the San Diego Highland Games. I could have listened to the pipe band competition all day. Valerie's favorite part was learning the folk dancing. We also got a kick out of the sheep dog trials.

I am wearing an "Ancient Ross" tartan kilt from my brother John. Audrey is learning a kids version of the "sheaf toss", a traditional Scottish athletic event.

After a while I had to bribe everyone to stay and listen to the pipe bands. It worked.

3 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Hmmmm...if I remember the BYU days, that's not the first time you've worn a kilt.

Looks like your family had a lot of fun, G.

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

i love scotts...specificially gerard butler

Scott said...

Awesome. Reminds me of playing the "bagpipes" in high school and of that chanter you had--what did David Mesa say it sounded like when you played, "killing turkeys"? :)