Sunday, August 10, 2008

Home Alone

Valerie and the girls are in Utah visiting my sister Nova and her family. They've also seen the Connolly crew, Jim and Marina, Jeremy, Vanessa and I think they'll see Kevin too.

By all reports, they are having a marvelous time. Audrey is having wonderful adventures with her cousins. Alyssa adores all of the pets. Valerie has been to the temple and out to a movie. I am confident that Valerie will give a much better account at some point, but I feel like I'm living it too (in part because Audrey calls me with regular updates). Besides, none of you is wishing I would tell of all my recent econometric exploits!

I am happy that my girls are having a lovely trip, and I am grateful to Valerie for giving me this time to focus on finishing my dissertation. But it is no fun around here without them! I am counting down the days until their return.

All this notwithstanding, I am not always at my desk. Today I rode my bike up Mount Soledad. I should have taken a picture of the view instead of my desk!

4 comments:

Graton said...

Let me add my gratitude to Nova and Pat for their wonderful hospitality!

novidiac said...

1. we're commenting on each others blogs after midnight says something about us that I'd have to analyze when I'm truly awake.

2. I think you have a collection of photos of pristine desks in your lifetime.

3. Mt. Soledad??... ironic sole.. solitude.. dad... when you are alone you subconsiously go to places that encompass your thoughts in name?

4. The girls are so delightful.. I can't get over how easy Alyssa is. She just pitter patters around here and Sarah will either have to go home with Valerie or Alyssa will have to stay here... they are inseperable!

5. They adore their daddy. frequently needing to see photos of him on the computer. Hurry up and finish school and then move closer!

Teachinfourth said...

Graton. Hang in there, buddy...you'll make it.

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

their favorite part was the half-eaten chicken in the backyard. jk.