Five years ago today, you came into the world, and my world has never been the same.
Five years ago today, a nurse said, "She's so cute!" And having not yet seen you, I asked, "Oh, is she cute?" And you recognized my voice, and turned your head towards me, and my heart leapt.
Five years ago today, I lay in my hospital bed, and looked at you, and you looked at me, and though no words were spoken, something passed between us, and a new journey began.

Five years ago today, I snuck you out of your isolette, whenever the nurses weren't looking, and held you, and told you of my dreams, and the beautiful life we'd share. I told you how I'd teach you of our Heavenly Father, and his glorious plan of salvation, which made this miracle, the miracle of you, this miracle of us, come to pass.
Five years ago today, you brought me greater joy than I ever conceived was possible. I thought my joy was full. But I was wrong.
Because five years ago today, you opened a new window of love and joy, and now my joy is not full, but it is filling, and will continue to do so, with you, throughout eternity.
.jpg)



4 comments:
Oh that is just so sweet. What a beautiful baby and a beautiful girl! Thanks for sharing that Valerie!
Happy birthday, kiddo.
Adelle says, "Happy Birthday Audrey!"
Very Sweet. I would love if mother wrote blogs like this when I was a kid. I'll make sure to do it when I have kids. Thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment