Sunday, November 23, 2008

Utah, D.C., Canada, Oh My!


It's time I face the facts. Our time in San Diego is drawing to a close. We'll have been here 7 years, which is the longest I've lived anywhere as an adult. It's been nice to put down some quasi-roots, and it will be hard to venture into the "great unknown."

Graton is submitting applications to universities all over the country, as well as to government jobs in D.C. and Canada. He's even applying to a couple of post-docs in Europe. Now, we just keep working, pray a lot, and wait for our new future to unfold.

Being a born and bred So-Cal girl, I do hope we don't go anywhere that requires dog sleds as the main source of transportation. But I think I'd enjoy the change of seasons again. The girls are lobbying for a yard and I'd like a laundry room. Graton will be content with an income, although enjoying his job would be a huge plus.

For now, I hope take lots of pictures of this paradisaical town. I'm going to miss this beautiful place. But I'm excited for the beauty yet to come.

9 comments:

Linn said...

Good luck with it all. Enjoy your time! I was over way too quickly for us.

Scott said...

Any post-docs in London? :) Good luck with everything. It will be exciting to see where you guys end up.

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Leaving the most perfect weather! ahhhhhh. Oh well. You'll find some good adventure anywhere you go.

jowo said...

How bout you start your travels w/ a visit to Dana Point in January when Brittany and Annie visit. Will you still be around then?

novidiac said...

As long as all this ends up with you closer it really doesn't matter where else you interview!

Of course... a few post docs in Europe would be really exciting.... and I'd definitely invite myself for a visit:-)

kate said...

So many exciting and different places! Can't wait to see what happens. And three cheers for laundry rooms... not that it wasn't great living as far from the laundry room as possible in Mesa.

shannon said...

Um, I vote post-doc in Europe! Pretty please! Can't wait to hear where you end up!

Leslie said...

Hi Valerie! What an exciting time -- although the not knowing can be a bit challenging at times. Best of luck in making this decision and it will be neat to hear where you guys end up and what opportunities await!

Christina said...

good luck. I'm sure you will love where ever you end up.