On reflecting on the past post, I realized that I made it sound like I do everything for our family.
Here is my perception of Graton's contribution to my workload:
Earning a Living and Providing for all of our Needs
Spending time with Audrey in the mornings before work
Running errands with the kids so I can have a break at home
Watching the kids at home, so I can run errands alone.
Doing most of the laundry
Cooking on the Weekends
Picking up and doing dishes without being asked
Taking out the Trash
Supporting me in pursuing all of my interests.
Trusting me not to take advantage of his willing service
Teaching our children to love and serve each other and me.
Never complaining about messy houses or late dinners.
Believing me when I tell him the house really was clean 15 minutes ago, but that was before the girls decided to: have a toy convention/flood the toilet/build forts out of all available linens
Giving generously of his time, energy, and attention to the girls and I
Making our lives playful, joyful, and fulfilling.
etc...
etc...
etc...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh my gosh! Drew does all the laundry when he's home too! Isn't it the best? I HATE laundry.
I don't know if Ramsey has done a load of laundry in the 4 1/2 years we've been married. But I think it's because I don't trust him more than anything. =/
CAn I just tell you that you are my hero? You and Graton seem to be a dream team!
You scored nicely!
You've got a keeper! That is so great that you are giving him credit. I need to remember to do that, thanks.
What a wonderful tribute to Graton. He is lucky to have someone who publicly celebrates what all too often is taken for granted. Let there be no such thing as a thankless job!!
Post a Comment