Monday, March 08, 2010

Celebration

Our dear friends the Pococks, decided to throw Graton a graduation party. Mark Pocock was in several of Graton's econ classes at BYU. They kept in touch over the years, and we ended up finding a condo near their home.

I had met Mary Beth once before at BYU. Graton and Mark shared an office at BYU, and we were introduced to each other as the respective fiancees, but never got to know each other. Since we've moved here, Mary Beth has warmly welcomed us to the area, and we've enjoyed hosting a co-op for our two-year-olds together.

The morning of the party, we got this in the mail:


The letter from UCSD, addressed to "Doctor Gathright" certifying that he had completed all of the requirements of the Phd program.

Mary Beth decorated in UCSD's colors: blue and gold, and encouraged us to dress accordingly.


The food was divine! Pizza, appetizers, a scrumptious cheescake...



And these cute graduation caps made out of peanutbutter cups, chocolate cookies and licorice.



Thanks, Mark and Mary Beth for the lovely party, and thanks to everyone for coming and helping us celebrate!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linn said...

What kind friends and congrats again Graton!

I seriously got the chills when I read the "Dr. Gathright" line. We are getting close to that at our house and I am counting the seconds.

Way to go!

Mary said...

What an accomplishment! Congratulations to your entire family as I know grad programs are a family effort.

What a small world it is in the church. John and I actually subletted Mark and Mary Beth's apartment in Texas the first summer we were married. They were coming to BYU for a program and we were doing an internship at a software company in Austin. We made connections through friends, and voila, it all worked out.

Andrew said...

what a great friend! And a very well deserved cerebration for Graton.

You guys did it!!