Monday, August 16, 2010

Our First Piano Recital: May 17, 2010

For Audrey (as a student)



And me (as a teacher)

We did our recital at an assisted living center. As my students are mostly beginners, I was nervous that it wouldn't go over very well, but the residents seemed to love it! And although I thought Alyssa's pre and post show antics might frustrate them, they seemed to love her dancing and twirling.

I enjoyed playing duets with some of my students.

Probably my favorite part was watching one of my students do a duet with his Dad.

It was fun to talk and get to know our "audience" afterwards.

I think we'll make this a spring recital tradition!



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

kim said...

That is such a fun idea for a piano recital! I'm sure it is appreciated, and fun for the students to have an audience beyond their parents.

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Wow! I'm so proud of you! Almost brought a tear to my eye!

Gina said...

I love that location for a recital! And I didn't know you were teaching piano. Congratulations to everyone - sounds like a wonderful event.

mum said...

yes vanessa it did bringa tear to my eye.. valerie the teacher! ! and the teacher looked so good looked so professional and acccomplished it was a great day i'm sure... i wonder why it evoked such emotion ..but fine that it did !.....

Linn said...

I love this idea! Congrats--what an amazing teacher!

The Conductor said...

Congrats, Valerie! Looks like it was quite a success. What a fantastic idea for a location, too! I'm even more amazed you can fit in piano teaching to all you do. Go you!