Saturday, September 10, 2011

Beautiful British Columbia: The Ferry Ride

This summer was the first time we were able to take the girls to Graton's hometown. I'm starting to realize how fortunate I was to marry someone who grew up in an island paradise. So when he says, "Honey lets use all our money and vacation time to go to my place of birth," I won't just have visits with his family to look forward to. I also know the scenery will be more exciting than some dried up tumbleweeds, or endless barren fields.

What follows will be a long series of "vacation blogs" that may bore the tears out of you, but are cherished memories for us.

First up: The Ferry Ride




It's much cheaper to fly to Seattle and drive across the border, so that's what we did. The best part was taking the ferry to Victoria, on Vancouver Island.



We enjoyed navigating through the neighboring islands from the deck of the BC Ferry.


There was even a naturalist who gave a presentation on the scenery surrounding us. Audrey was riveted to the talk.


And Lizzie loved playing with the naturalist's demo Orca

We didn't luck out and see any Orcas this time. Guess we'll have to try again next time.


No comments: