Thursday, February 02, 2012

California Dreaming

The day before Audrey's baptism we flew into LAX. We had reserverd a cheap rental car from hotwire, but after standing in line for over and hour at the Dollar Rental Car desk, we were told to just go pick anything from the "M" section. The "M" section contained a few granny cars and a line of convertible mustangs. Graton wanted the black one, I wanted the cherry red, but as it was Audrey's special weekend we let her choose.

We got some strange looks as we cruised through Hollywood in the "smurfmobile" but Audrey was thrilled and we arrived just in time to catch a few shows at the "Magic Castle" where my Dad was working that afternoon.

 
Monday was spent enjoying cousins and family, but when everyone went back to school/work on Tuesday, we surprised the girls with a trip to Disneyland.


Although I'm a super-mean-overprotective Mom  who hasn't let her girls actually watch Star Wars yet (Audrey used to complain about this until a friend of hers told her I was right because he'd had nightmares for two weeks after he watched it), the girls are still huge Star Wars fans and loved seeing this storm trooper.
 Growing up 20 minutes from Disneyland, I thought I'd done and seen everything  obscure and back alley that there was to do in Disneyland, but don't recall ever doing the shooting range. So fun!

 
 We were on a plane home the next day, but still savoring the memories of our California Dreaming...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

novidiac said...

FUN, FUN, FUN!!

Whittaker would be so jealous! He has not seen Star Wars either.. (Miles was only just recently allowed to watch 4,5, & 6.)But Whittaker is a huge fan. He carries around his 'gaego deadeyes'.. (lego jedi's) where ever we go.. they are actually storm troopers and there is no convincing him that they're not jedi's. We have shown him pics of light saber toting jedi's and he could care less... give him a storm trooper, boba fett or the ultimate!! Darth Vader... Now that is his dream 'gaego deadeye'!!

Valerie said...

So cute! I can't wait to meet him this summer!

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

That car is so awesome! How fun to do something crazy once in a while. =)