Monday, September 10, 2012

Invincible


 

We've been working on the pledge of allegiance and Audrey keeps saying "invincible" instead of "indivisible."

I was explaining that "invincible" means something that can't be destroyed. Like superman. "Few things in life are invincible," I remarked.

Then Audrey said, "Oh, like me and Alyssa?"

"What do you mean? " I queried.

"That's like our relationship." Audrey said.

I was pretty startled, especially since their constant fighting since we resumed our homeschooling last week was driving me to distraction.

So it made me think.

Invincible.

Maybe more things can be invincible than we realize.

Maybe, to some extent it's a choice.

Maybe we can just decide that our relationships are invincible.

Not that it's possible to have perfect and constant harmony in our relationships.


But maybe, by trying our best to treat others with kindness and respect, and forgiving when the inevitable misunderstandings arise, our relationships can be invincible.

Invincible.

Just like my love for my daughters.

Just like my Savior's love for me.

3 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

I had trouble mixing up those two words as a child too! Must happen to lots of kids. XD

kim said...

Love it.
I do think that the fighting between siblings often means so much less than we, as adults, make it out to be. My two fight often but still don't want to be apart. I guess its part of learning how to relate with others and share your space.

Chaoyi said...

that's very profound! I love the things that come out of your children's mouth.