Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sports Class



Audrey recently took a couple of sessions of "PeeWee Sports" at the YMCA. She loved learning how to play soccer, basketball, teeball, and kickball.

I loved watching her prowess. Both she and Alyssa have an athletic build and tendencies. I often joke with Graton, "How did we create a couple of jocks?!" Actually Graton, played tennis, and golf in high school, so any athletic genes, must come from his side of the family.

I found myself really enjoying the class. One, because I was learning the skills along side Audrey, and Two, because the kids were about at my level.

Although, I'm definitely not a natural athlete, I do have to wonder how much of my sports phobia is from bad public school PE experiences. I remember loving playing volleyball in the Missionary Training Center, 'because the other missionaries were so encouraging and supportive. It improved my confidence and my game.
I hope this summer to get out and kick a ball alot with Audrey and Graton. Who would have thought my favorite sports team would be my own family?
Audrey loved Coach Jamal. He is not only an outstanding athlete, but a caring coach.

5 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

wow climbing the fence! wow...amazing prowess

Teachinfourth said...

He sounds like an amazing guy!

BTW, I found a program that recovered nearly all of my data on an external hard drive. If you're interested in it, shoot me an email and I'll get it to you.

Anne said...

I LOVE the high five picture! Her ponytail is in full swing. What a cutie.

Christina said...

how fun for you guys. I wish we lived somewhere where such options were available to my kids. Oh well, they get plenty of sports activities with their parents.

shannon said...

Valerie, I really enjoy your blog. Such great writing! And such fun to see all you guys are up to. We hope you keep updating it especially once we move so far away!