
Our dear friends, Nathan and Stephanie Vickery came to San Diego to celebrate their anniversary, and took us to visit the Fleet Science Museum. I just love this sweet couple!!!
We became friends with them in different places and at different times, and were thrilled when they later met each other and got married!
I really feel that Stephanie was a blessing sent to me by my Heavenly Father to help me through a tough time. When Audrey was about 6 months old, my health was still really poor, and we decided to look for a Mother's helper. We attended the La Jolla Singles Ward to make our announcement, and Stephanie immediately took Audrey from my arms, and made the announcement in Relief Society for us. Although she didn't take the position, she became a dear friend, dropping by to play with Audrey, speak French with me, and generally brighten my life.
She and Nathan moved to Idaho, but then again, in an almost mystical, Mary Poppins sort of way, she surprised me with a quick visit when I was having a difficult recovery after Alyssa's birth. As soon as I saw her I burst into tears and just hugged her, grateful for her friendship and love. For an hour, she showered my girls with presents and sent me into fits of laughter with her merry tales, and then was gone again.
We love you "Ta Ta (Auntie) Stephanie"!! Thank you for listening to inspiration and being there for us when we needed you. We hope to see you again when the wind changes!

No comments:
Post a Comment