Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jacob 5

After spending 3 weeks feasting on Nova's yummy zuchinni, I was determined to grow some of my own. As it's pretty late in the season to grow from seed, some of my neighbors graciously transplanted 3 zuchinni plants for me.

The first one died.

The second one is really struggling.




But the third one is doing great! Ironically, it's the plant I had the least hope for. It looked awful for the first few days, but I packed some dirt around it, watered it, and crossed my fingers.

As I was watering it this morning, I thought of Heavenly Father. How he loves all his children and wishes we would all choose to return to live with him. How he must sorrow as he sees us go astray, and the joy over the one who returns.

A wise woman once said, "Plant a garden. It will teach you about God."

It has.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Why have all my plant children gone astray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!