Sunday, January 10, 2010

Commuting

We usually drive to the museums in D.C. Although traffic and parking can be atrocious, we've learned some tricks that have made it pretty easy. It only takes 15 minutes, and we can often find free parking, so it's definitely cheaper and faster than riding public transportation.

The girls have been wanting to ride the metro,though, so we though we'd give it a try once. It was much more of a hassle than driving, but it was a fun experience, and the girls really enjoyed it.



I didn't mind the commute half as much with these two to cuddle with!



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

kim said...

My two have been begging to ride "daddy's bus" to Uptown--I guess I need to look into it for them. I'm all about using public transportation when it makes things easier, but its hard to want to if it costs more and is more of a hassle :)

Heather said...

We just rode Utah Trax for our first time up to Temple Square on Christmas Eve. The boys LOVED it!

Cheryl Munns said...

Val, I am now a real commentor. I miss you all very much

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

wow your metro looks so spacious!

Anne said...

So, what are your tricks for the parking. I would like to take the kids to the museum more often but I am a big chicken! Are you going to any of the museum field trips with the LDSHS group that are coming up? Maybe we could go together.