This was the first Christmas that we established ourselves as our own entity, complete with Christmas morning alone, and burgeoning traditions. The girls woke early, and we were done opening gifts by 8:00am. Then we all got ready, put on our new duds from our Thanksgiving weekend outlet trip (Thanks Mom!!) and headed to my parents. We arrived just in time for Christmas breakfast. (Alyssa loved being able to do some snitching).
We opened presents, talked, laughed and talked some more. I loved having two of my brothers there, and Audrey loved playing with her cousins. I made a lemon meringue pie, and my Mom made her delicious ham, potato casserole, and jello dinner. We left after dinner with a car full of gifts, borrowed movies, books, and love.
Alyssa and Grandpa Jay
Grandpa Jay carrying Alyssa in the same Snugli, that he used to carry me in.







2 comments:
I love her little santy outfit!
Great pics, Val! Was so nice to spent Christmas with you guys. Would have been lonely w/o you.
Post a Comment