

I finally started Alyssa on solid food. Turns out, she LOVES it!! She gets soo excited, that she flaps her arms really fast and squeals as she sees the food coming. And my normally ultra-patient baby will get very frustrated if there is any interruption in her eating.
She seems to have adopted a Will Rogers-esque motto, "I haven't met a food I didn't like." Of course, all she's had so far is cereal, peas and green beans (not counting pieces of bread or other food she sneaks from our plates or hands). We can't even sit her at the table, because it's torture for her to watch us eat and not be allowed to have any.
Speaking of sneaking, we may have let her watch "Dora, the Explorer" one too many times. She seems to have adopted a "Swiper the Fox" approach to sneaking the things she wants. She'll oh-so-stealthily tug on something in your hand. If you notice she stops, and switches to her "innocent bystander" expression. Then, she'll gently tug again, until before you know it, she's eating the paper you were holding, all the while maintaining a quiet, angelic countenance.

4 comments:
What a good little eater! I wish my baby was. He has ALWAYS wanted to feed himself.. and it's terribly messy!
I am so glad you have a blog up and running! We will be visiting often!
Thanks, Val, for letting me know about your blog. I enjoy staying up w/ everyone's activities and pictures this way. Your little ones are darling...and Merry Christmas.
i love the picture! What a cute expression!!!
I don't know what it is about Alyssa, but I could stare at her face all day. It's so... angelic. Had a great time with you all during my visit. Glad you've started a blog!
Post a Comment