Wednesday, February 13, 2008

All I Really Need to Know About Politics, I Learned from my Four-Year-Old


As I've been contemplating political issues and candidates, I've realized that you can learn alot from a four-year-old. Here are some of Audrey's latest insights:

On Fair Division of Labor
:

"We should do this everyday! You work, and I watch a movie and play." (We'll have to work on this one).

On Conservation and the Environment:

"Mom, I just picked up a piece of trash. I want to make the world more beautiful."

On Social Programs:

"If I had hundreds of dollars and someone didn't have any food, I'd give them my money."

On Economic Stimulus:

(We were shopping and I saw an article of clothing I really liked)

Me: That's so pretty, but we'll have to wait and see if it goes on clearance.

Audrey: I'll give you one of my dollars so you can buy it.

On Building Strong Families:

"I love you Alyssa. I want to be your sister forever, even if you try and take my toys."

On Domestic and Foreign Relations:

"I love you Mommy. I love everyone in the world, even those I haven't met."

3 comments:

Anne said...

Wow! Is she for real?

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

hehe so cute. "I'll give you one of my dollars"

Jer said...

Cute! Love that you and Graton are both posting now -- lots of blog entries to read and keep up with your lives.