Thursday, February 14, 2008

I got Tagged..


This is for my sister, my lovely "Sweet-Ness"

This Tag is a post about my husband.


1. What is his name? Graton Marshal Randal Gathright

2. How long have you been married? 6 & 1/2 yrs

3. How long did you date? Seriously for 9 months, but we'd been on a few dates over the four years prior, and knew each other for 8 years altogether. November 3, 2000 we considered our "first date" because it was the turning point. We ended up talking until 2:00am and realized we wanted the same things out of life, and something sparked that night. On November 3, 2003, 3 years later we were up all night in labor in delivery, welcoming the arrival of our first child.

4. How old is he? 31

5. Who eats more? Me. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he grew up with 5 sisters, and I grew up with three brothers.

6. Who said I love you first? I imagine it was him, but don't really remember. I remember that he surprised me with our first kiss.

7. Who is smarter? He is. He brings home pages of mathematical equations that I affectionately call "squigglies" and would need a urimm and thummim to interpret. My Mom always counseled me to marry a man who was smarter that me, so I could look up to him, and I'm glad I took her advice.

8. Whose temper is worse? Probably mine. But I forgive easily.

9. Who does the laundry? Both of us. I recently went on a self-imposed mission to do all of the housework to better "serve" my husband (or gratify my pride?) It just made us both miserable. I'm trying to learn to lighten up.

10. Who does the dishes? See above

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Graton

12. Who pays the bills? Auto pay and our bank's bill pay

13. Who cooks dinner? Me during the week, Graton on weekends or when we have guests.He's definitely the better cook. You know the rat in the movie "Ratatouille?" It was based on Graton. We can have bits of 4 things in the refrigerator, and he can whip up something delicious.

14. Who drives when you are together? Graton.

15. Who is more stubborn? He is. I'm more easily talked into things.

16. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine more often, because they live closer. But we spend longer durations with his family, since the visits aren't as frequent.

17. Who proposed? Graton did. On April 3, 2001 he took me to a magical French restaurant called "La Caille" in little Cottonwood canyon in Utah. I felt like I'd gone back in time with peacocks roaming the medieval looking grounds. The waitress let us have dessert upstairs in a private dining room, where he proposed. The food was unbelievable and the price reflected it. Our waitress exclaimed that this could be our special place to come for every anniversary. We laughed and said to each other that we hoped to be able to afford to return for our 50th.

18. Who has more friends? We are both social animals, and it's fun to see how we've become close to each others' friends.

19. Who has more siblings? Graton: he has 7, I have 4.

20. Who wears the pants in the family? We both wear pants and skirts (Seriously, he wears a kilt on special occasions).

Now, I am going to tag Jenn, Becky Isa, Anne, Janet

HAVE FUN!!!!!!

3 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

"You know the rat in the movie 'Ratatouille?'"- I freaking love that movie! I think Ramsey and Graton have a lot in common, because that little rat reminded me of Ramsey too. He can makes tasty things out of anything!

Graton said...

I love you sweetheart. Happy valentines day!

janet said...

What a sweet post! I loved reading it! You guys have a great story! We loved talking with you when it was just getting serious (I believe that's also the night we met, no?) Anyway, perfect time to post it too!

Thanks for the tag. I actually did this tag last august.. check it out here. http://ajshumway.blogspot.com/2007/08/1.html