Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Audrey Quips


Audrey: I like the onions in this meatloaf. They make it crunchy. Did you eat onions when you were little?
Me: My Mom didn't cook alot with onions when I was a little girl.
Audrey: That was the olden days, right Mummy?


(Audrey is telling me about a Veggie Tales Show entitled, "Rack, Shack and Benny which is based on one of her favorite bible stories about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego).

Audrey: It's just like in the Bible. Except the names are different. And there's veggies.

Me: You may pull your own hair, but no more pulling mine.
Audrey: It's easier pulling other people's hair.

Me: Watch out for the meatloaf, Audrey. It's still hot and just burned my throat.
Audrey: I'm sorry that happened.

(I was attempting to brush Alyssa's teeth).

Audrey: Can I brush them? I'm good at getting around the gum line!

(Amazingly, Alyssa who NEVER lets me brush her teeth, was totally compliant for Audrey. She's hired!)

Audrey, you light up my life with your wit and wisdom. Thank you for being my daughter!!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anne said...

That's so cool that you'll have a record of those things now.

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

I love the veggie one. BTW I love the last picture. I'm so happy you are writing these down. I wish I have a record of what I said. Dad wrote it somewhere in his journal. It will take effort to dig them out.

Anonymous said...

I think the children have shown a handsomness that wouldn't have shown in just a picture.

Linn said...

She is so darling! Those all made me laugh. Miss you guys!