Audrey and Duncan share a special bond, as they were in the womb at the same time. It was so fun to call Nova and talk about our pregnancies together, getting advice from this veteran Mom, who somehow kept the same excitement and enthusiasm for child number #4 as I had for child #1. Duncan was born 5 weeks before Audrey, and I remember wishing he'd been a girl, because I thought he and Audrey would play together better if they were.
I was wrong.
Duncan and Audrey were practically inseparable the whole 3 1/2 weeks. Audrey loved the games Duncan would invent, and they'd spend hours in the rabbit cages, or playing with the cats.
Although a born and bred Utahn, Duncan totally reminds me of the California surfer dudes I would meet a church dances. He cracks me up with his animated speech, expressions, and gestures. Even in pajamas, and a topless hat, Duncan defines "cool." He even looks studly sporting fairy wings, or painted nails.
Duncan and Audrey are kindred spirits in their zeal for life, sense of humor, and imagination. They may not be the same gender, but I predict they'll be good friends for years to come.
4 comments:
Wow... 48 posts... not bad....
Duncan, does dishes, dining rooms and dogfeeding... and other things that don't start with 'D'! You captured some great faces... and he's always pulling them!
Now that there are words to go with the photos it's even better... He sure misses Audrey!
I wish I had a boy cousin to play with growing up!
Both Miles and Duncan are adorable. It's fun to hear your assessment of your nephews.
Post a Comment