The best part of our Utah trip, was undoubtedly: COUSINS!!
The first time I met Caleb, was soon after Graton and I started dating.We'd had an amazing date on Nov.3rd, and I was dying to see Graton again, but didn't want to be pushy, so I figured I'd give it 10 days, and then call him on the pretext of going to visit a mutal friend. On November 5, (two days later), I came home from church to a phone call from Graton. His five-year-old nephew was in the hospital, and he wanted to go see him, would I come? It was Fast Sunday, and I was starving, so I suggested we eat first. I made dinner at his apartment, while he frantically called around Salt Lake City trying to figure out what hospital Caleb was in. In retrospect, I was pretty insenstive, keeping up a lively, chatty, monologue about eating healthfully, while Graton was so obviously worried. (Luckily, he looked past that and married me anyways).
After dinner, we drove to the hospital where Caleb had been admitted. Luckily, it turned out not to be serious. He'd fallen on his head, so they were running tests to make sure everything was okay, but, thankfully, there wasn't any serious damage. We played a card game in his hospital room, then headed home.
Little did I know, what a big part of my future husband's life. Caleb was. Anyone who knows Graton, knows how crazy he is about kids, and I guess you could say that Caleb was his first love. Graton took Caleb to BYU football games, had him for sleep-overs, and spent every Sunday afternoon at his house.
As Graton and I started dating more seriously, I became nervous as to how Caleb would react to me moving in on his territory, but he was surprisingly mature about it. When Graton would sit next to me and hold my hand, Caleb would sit on the other side of me and hold my other one! He really looked up to Graton and wanted to imitate everything he did.
The years have flown, and Caleb is now a wonderful, sweet, loving, spiritual young man. At 13, he is responsible, dependable, fun, and caring. It's brought us so much joy to watch him grow, and we are excited for the stalwart missionary, husband and father, we know he'll become.
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I was impressed with Caleb during the brief time I visited you at Nova's last month. He was very helpful and seemed quite mature for his age.
Can I get into this Noble Family?
As his mother, I could point out a few flaws to help even this post out... but really there aren't too many in this kid... I have been blessed beyond what I deserve. As for getting into this Noble family.... there are days that it seems there is an open door policy... be forewarned though... Valerie isn't mentioning that she and Audrey immediately made it onto the chore chart.
By the way... Caleb's favourite new line is... "I'm a teenager now... I'm supposed to be difficult..." (even though I don't think he could really be, even if he tried)
I remember just what a great kid he was whenever Graton had him over for visits and sleepovers. I was always amazed at the sophisticated conversations he could carry on at such a young age. It's good to know that he is still an awesome kid!
That is such a cute story about him holding your hand. =)
Post a Comment