Sunday, October 04, 2009

General Conference

What a wonderful weekend!!
As it ended, I felt the sense of melancholy akin to the feeling I get when I finish a good book. Happily, I only need click here to experience it all over again!

Thanks to my friend Linn, for providing the links to these pics on her blog.



I love our dear prophet President Monson. I feel so inspired to do better, to follow his counsel and example. I want to do better at looking for opportunities to serve those in need, and take time from my busy schedule, to lighten the load of another. President Monson's description of being caught up in the "thick of thin things" really describes my life. Over, and over, I've promised myself that if my health improved, I wouldn't fill my life with busyness, rather I'd reach out and serve others as I have been served. It's time to prayerfully look for ways to keep that promise.


This picture brings back college memories. Camping out in front of the tabernacle with my roommates in hopes of getting seats inside, and when unsuccesful, listening on the lawn outside, as the sunshine from above, and words of love flowing out from within, take the chill off the crisp, mountain air.



One of my favorite parts is watching the brotherly affection that exists between our leaders. Seeing them meet and greet each other, the handshakes, smiles, and hugs, the great love and respect they have one for each other as they do the work of the Lord together.

If you didn't see the very end of the last session, go back and watch it. President Monson took the time to greet some small children as he was exiting. It was cute and funny to see him interact with them.



As a small child, President Monson was always my favorite apostle. I was able to understand his talks even at a young age, because of the stories he used to illustrate the lessons. I remember, at the age of 10, hoping desperately that he would be the next prophet. Now, 25 years later, I have loved and respected every prophet the Lord has chosen. And grieved at the death of each one. But, something about President Monson sparks the innocence, the childlike faith and purity somewhere deep inside of me. And I'm grateful to be able to see my childhood wish fulfilled.

4 comments:

Nadia said...

So sad it is over but there is just six months left till the next one ;-)

Linn said...

I love the photos and love what you wrote about each one. Thanks cute friend!

Teachinfourth said...

Beautifully written! I too, have fond memories of some days going to SLC trying to snag a seat in the Tabernacle.

The Conductor said...

As much as I loved this whole post, the "college memories" paragraph was my favorite... =)