Friday, November 06, 2009

On a Clear Day....

'A 'Beaut-i-ful 'Day

-From the Gathright Dictionary of Eastern Terminology

Of or pertaining to conditions in which:

1) The sky is clear and blue, not gray, cloudy, or raining.

2) One stops feeling morose, and actually feels like tackling the bathroom toilet.

3) But instead goes outside just to soak it all in.

4) The thermometer reads 52 degrees.

5) Easterners wear t-shirts with sweatshirts tied around their waists.

6) Californians wear ski jackets, snow caps and gloves.

7) Eastern mothers take their children on bike rides.

8) Californian mothers declare it's too cold to take their babies outside (I actually heard a woman say this on the news once).

9) Eastern transplants from California start to hope they might actually survive the winter.

10) And if not, there is always Jet Blue.......

3 comments:

Anne said...

Ah yes, Jet Blue. What a blessing.

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

For some reason while I was reading this I thought Graton had wrote this....I think your senses of humor are blending. =)

Andrew said...

How fun, you are a clever writer!