We spent Labor Day, with our dear friends, the Paynes, who were seeing the DC sights for the last time. As we hung out at a park by the white house, the police came and cleared the area. Suspicious that something was up, we hung around for awhile.
The fireman spilled the beans. President Obama was returning home, and soon Marine One would be landing at the ellipse on the White House Lawn.
We finally got tired of waiting and were just leaving, when we saw the big event. I left the empty stroller I was pushing and ran back to snap some pictures. It was fun to get Graton and the helicopter in the same shot.
Afterwards I was reprimanded by a local cop demanding to know if the abandoned stroller was mine. "You can't just leave strollers, here" he barked. "This is Washington. We get nervous, when we see things like that!"
Luckily, I didn't get arrested, for my stroller indiscretion.
The End

No comments:
Post a Comment