Monday, July 20, 2009

Families are Forever


The best part of the trip, was being with my wonderful grandparents. And affording my girls the opportunity to taste a bit of my happy childhood.

To know the comfort and security of being part of a loving family, that goes back many generations. To belong to something bigger than yourself, and to be accepted not for any merit of your own, but just because you are, and you are a part.

As I type this, Alyssa wanders by, squeals and points to the photo. "Grandpa O!" She still asks to visit their home several times a day. How do you explain 3000 miles to a toddler?

"Grandma O and Sissa!" Alyssa loves the "Beat the Drum" song that she sang with her Grandma "O."


How I love my wonderful grandparents! The weeks we spent together during my childhood summers. Their guidance and interest during my teenage years. Their financial and emotional support through college, mission, and my health challenges.

When I am close to them I feel the purity of their righteous living, the depth of their love, the goodness of their hearts.

And I think, I better understand the nature of my Heavenly Parents.

Our mortal years together are limited, but our eternal future together, as a family is endless.

How grateful I am for my eternal family, and for my Heavenly Father and Saviour, Jesus Christ, who authored this beautiful plan of happiness!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anne said...

Love it. I wanted to cry reading about the love.

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

You're lucky to have such a great relationship with your grandparents!

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, it seems that you guys had quite the fun trip. Glad you were able to see loved ones and enjoy fun times as well.