Thursday, July 30, 2009

In the Meantime....

Yesterday, my brother mentioned in an email, that he was enjoying learning about my activities through Nadia's blog.

Nadia's husband and my brother were roommates at BYU. When I first moved to Alexandria, I was invited to a barbecue by a former classmate of Graton's. Nadia and her husband, Jeremy were there. I recognized them by name and from pictures, and Nadia and I became fast friends. She used to work in PR and has a knack for knowing where the fun family activities are in the area.

Couple that with her sense of adventure and fearlessness, born from spending last year living in New York City, and voila! The perfect anecdote for homesickness.

She also is one of those people who has pictures and blogs up two seconds after returning from the activity. So, for those of you loyal readers (all three of you), who really want to keep up with our adventures, and don't want to wait for me to someday get on the ball, you may want to check out her blog. To see a super attractive photo of me in sheet mail, click here.

I've also been blessed to be in a congregation with a fantastic Mom who plans weekly play dates. But these aren't you're standard play dates. They are more like a really great preschool, complete with themes, crafts and snacks for every week of the summer. She is also great about blogging, so if you want to see more pics of us, or just get some great ideas for summer activities, visit her site.

There, now I don't have to blog anymore.

Just kidding, this blog has been such a blessing for me in so many ways, I'll be hard pressed to let it go altogether. But it is nice that other people are doing such a good job of chronicling our families' adventures.

Hey, I wonder if you could make a business out of that. Be a hired blogger. Get commissioned by someone's mother to blog activities of her grandbabies who live far away. Of course, that means you'd have to stalk some strange family, which would be really wierd.

Well, enough rambling.

Have a Happy Thursday!!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Wow. That playgroup is amazing. Maybe I'll move to DC just for that. I'm happy to see that you've settled in so nicely.