Saturday, December 05, 2009

Second Thanksgiving

With turkeys so cheap for the holiday, we thought we'd buy one to cook up for soups and sandwiches. At least that's what I thought. Apparently Graton had other ideas. Last Sunday I came home from Young Women in Excellence to find this:



Graton decided to whip up some homemade rolls, mashed potatoes gravy, and cranberry relish to go with the turkey. I brought home some cheesecake from the Young Women's event, and voila: instant feast.

Graton says the best part was cooking with Audrey for four hours. Audrey was excited to use the nice dishes and surprise me with a nice dinner. Perhaps I should start slipping away on Sunday evenings more often!

7 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Good old Graton...

Unknown said...

That's so nice!

Andrew said...

Graton, seriously, which planet are you from? I think you need to move next to us so our family can also rip the reward of your labor!

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Wow what a sweet husband and such a sweet little girl to be so excited to cook for you! You are so blessed!

Anne said...

That's so great. You deserve it.

Nadia said...

Wow, what a feast! May I please borrow Audrey and Graton for just four hours ;-)? What a great surprise!!!!

The Conductor said...

Oh my heavens, I would keel over and die of utter shock if this ever happened in my home. I'm glad you appreciated and enjoyed it so much! What a fantastic feast...and family!!