I love Veteran's Day, not only because some of the men I love most in the world are veterans, but also because my Mother's school got two whole days off, and she and my brother were able to come visit!
Living 3000 miles away from home hasn't been as awful as I thought it would be, but I have really missed my family. With my parents' and siblings' crazy schedules and personal circumstances, I never thought they'd be able to come visit. It's amazing how even a short visit can make 3000 miles seem not quite so far.
Sweet uncle Jeremy played with my girls, carried Alyssa everywhere, and put her in and out of the carseat approximately 597 times a day. Any wonder I love him so much?
It was so fun to take them to my favorite haunts, "River Farms," "Mt. Vernon" and "Huntley Meadows."
My sweet, 2nd-grade-teacher mother came bearing a suitcase full of gifts and educational materials. Audrey has really enjoyed the spelling book in particular. It so great to see the girls get some bonding time with their grandmother.

2 comments:
you and Jeremy looks SO much alike!
Loved seeing the pics! Thanks for the sweet post -- I just showed it to Mom who equally enjoyed it. Thanks for a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment