The Kennedy Center hosted an "instrument petting zoo" before one of their school performances. The girls loved it, and Audrey kept getting in line over and over to try the instruments. The volunteers were wonderful and patient. Since the performance was a string quartet, they only brought string instruments, but I heard that every Fall the Kennedy Center hosts an open house with a complete orchestral petting zoo. We'll have to mark our calendars for next year!
"How old are you?"
Audrey liked the deep resonances of the cello.
But she still dreams of playing the violin like her grandmother and uncle, or perhaps the viola like her grandfather. I'd like her to get a more solid foundation in the piano first before taking on another commitment
I better stop looking at this picture, or I may end up losing my resolve and sign her up immediately.

3 comments:
I already lost mine, sign her up. You can blame me. The cuteness is just too much.
You've got my vote, too! We have absolutely loved violin for Joshua. But I really do know what you mean about too many commitments. We follow a "one instrument per child" guideline ourselves.
you must tell me once you found out, i'd be interested taking my kids there. what a brilliant idea: the instrument petting zoo!!
Post a Comment